Although it’s back to school time for the kids, why should they be the only ones to hit the books?
When you’re looking to propel your career, hone your skills and amp up your mojo, classes are some of the best ways to give your career a one-two punch to the next level.
From now until Thursday at 11:59 pm ET, when you buy any Mediabistro class you’ll get a free webcast! The promo starts today and all you have to do is use the promo code WEBCAST at checkout.
In particular, we’re fans of the course, Develop Your Freelance Career. Taught by Brooklyn-based freelance writer Lauren Waterman, the class covers basic freelancing skills such as creating ideas to pitching them. In fact, by the end of the course students will create two pitch letters and a list of well-crafted salable story ideas.
Course objectives include the following:
- Come up with salable freelance ideas
- Find the best publication to target your pitch
- Write compelling pitches and communicate with editors
- Maintain relationships with editors to secure long-term work
- Track your freelance expenses, ensure timely payments, and submit invoices