Need a good chuckle to kick off your weekend?
CareerBuilder’s recent study asked hiring managers, human resources professionals and workers for some of the most unusual and memorable resumes they’ve seen.
Ready for this? Here we go…
1. Resume was submitted from a person the company just fired.
2. Resume’s “Skills” section was spelled “Skelze.”
3. Resume listed the candidate’s objective as “To work for someone who is not an alcoholic with three DUI’s like my current employer.”
4. Resume included language typically seen in text messages (e.g., no capitalization and use of shortcuts like “u”).
5. Resume consisted of one sentence: “Hire me, I’m awesome.”
6. Resume listed the candidate’s online video gaming experience leading warrior “clans,” suggesting this passed for leadership experience
7. Resume included pictures of the candidate from baby photos to adulthood.
8. Resume was written in Klingon language from Star Trek.
9. Resume was a music video.
10. Resume included time spent in jail for assaulting a former boss.
Per the press release, Rosemary Haefner, vice president of human resources at CareerBuilder, explained, “Your resume is the primary deciding factor for whether you will land a job interview.”
- Three Dress Code Tips As Buckingham Palace Issues Reporter Guidelines
- Four Things Managers Can Offer If Salary Increases Don't Get Approved
- CareerBuilder Releases Hot Occupations For 2015
- New Survey Shows How Authority Impacts Depression in Men & Women