Tourism Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator
|Publication or Company
Myriad Travel Marketing
||Marketing, Public Relations
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Los Angeles, CA
||We are seeking an enthusiastic English and Spanish speaking professional that is experienced in the travel and tourism industry as it relates to Public Relations and Marketing.
Is this job right for you? Please read the below following criteria:
• Fluent in Spanish
• Have experience working in the tourism industry
• Forward-thinking, modern PR practitioner who isn't afraid of trying new-out-of-the-box PR tactics
• Describe yourself as a media junkie
• Know how to integrate your efforts with those of the marketing and sales team
• Are equally comfortable in leading, following and contributing to initiatives
• Possess a robust contact list within the travel / tourism PR industry
• Understand PR as it relates to Spanish speaking publications in the US
• Travel experience in Europe, preferably in Germany
• Knowledge of Destination Germany
If yes, then the following job at Myriad Marketing might be the next step in your career. . .
• 2 to 4 years experience in travel / tourism industry
• 2 to 4 years experience in Public Relations essential
• Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships
• Excellent knowledge of all travel distribution channels including online
• Ability and willingness to travel at least five days each month
• Be a wiz in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Be able to multi-task and handle several projects at one time on tight deadlines
• Highly organized
• Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish. Additional German skills welcome
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage media relations efforts with a focus on Spanish speaking media for Myriad's client: The German National Tourist Office Research
• Preparation of monthly newsletters and sending these out electronically to key contacts
• Writing press releases, developing messaging and responding to predominantly Spanish speaking media inquiries
• Create and execute social media strategy to build awareness about Destination Germany
• Pitch story ideas to Spanish media in the US
• Plan and execute media events and press trips
• Work with internal and external partners on a range of promotional activities and cooperative programs
• Monitor and report on results from all activities on a regular basis to Myriad and to client
• Development and maintenance of the US Based Spanish PR Media and Partner Databases
• Support the Head of German Public Relations in all PR-related projects as needed
• Support the West Coast Sales Manager in Sales and Marketing related activities such as trade shows, agent trainings, road shows & fam trips
Benefits include medical/dental, two weeks vacation plus a paid week off Christmas-New Year, 401(k). Oh, and free lunch every other Friday!
Salary is entry level and will be commensurate with experience and skills.
This is a full time position based in our Los Angeles, California office.
If you're serious, we require ALL of the following...
-a summary email with the five reasons why you would be great for this position
-your (realistic) salary requirements
Email to: email@example.com (Ref: PR & Marketing Coordinator).
Candidates that do not provide all requirements will not be considered.
|About Our Company
||Myriad Marketing is an established tourism marketing company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We provide marketing solutions for the travel industry including representing international tourist offices.