Business Development Associate
|Publication or Company
||Marketing, Public Relations, Sales/Advertising Sales
New York, NY
This position will ideally suit an individual of graduate level with 1-2 years prior sales or heavily sales-oriented marketing experience. This is a perfect opportunity for a young, ambitious self-starter to dramatically impact the growth of a firm and to grow their own role commensurately. Applicants should have an appropriate appetite for risk and reward, being prepared to take on direct responsibility for the firm’s and their own bottom line. A working knowledge of both finance and marketing would be advantageous.
The US Sales Associate is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and supporting the closure of leads for Cognito’s US business.
He/She will assist to enhance senior management’s sales efforts through new prospect research, targeted marketing and sales outreach and securing appointment setting.
In addition, the Sales Associate is responsible for sales administration, including but not limited to, database entry and management, company background gathering prior to meetings, inbound lead management, sales reporting, and working directly with the Business Development Manager.
Responsibilities include: But are not limited to research, outreach and administrative work
• Manage & flag inbound leads
• Build, maintain and keep updated, Cognito’s prospect database, ensuring all new contacts are added and identified
• Manage CRM database of company clients/prospects
• Produce meeting calendars for industry events
• Industry events research
• Proof and edit sales material as required
• Produce company background documents, on prospective clients
• Prepare the sales team for prospective meetings
• Manage & update Cognito’s competitor database
• Ongoing calling, qualifying & appointment setting
Securing appointments for senior Cognito salespeople
• Distribute tailored marketing collateral to target firms
• Update sales report metrics, sales report hot/warm/tepid prospects list
• Use Jigsaw, Google, Linked-in and other industry websites
• Manage email bounce backs, letter returns and non-deliverables from marketing outreach
• Must be professional and punctual
• Resourceful and well organized
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have a working knowledge of finance and marketing
|About Our Company
||Cognito, a leading Financial and Technology PR agency, is looking for an enthusiastic, well organized intern. Depending on the hours available a small stipend may be offered. If you are available full time Monday through Friday that would be ideal.
Cognito is a full service communications agency focused exclusively on the finance and financial technology sectors. From global institutions to niche players, our clients benefit from creative and strategic thinking, professional delivery and a commitment to exceeding expectations. We work with global firms in the financial and financial IT sectors, including exchanges/brokerages, financial institutions, consultancies and technology providers. We pride ourselves on our unique focus and international outlook.