|Publication or Company
UMass Medical School
Commonwealth Medicine (CWM) is the health care consulting division of UMass Medical School, Massachusetts’ only public medical school. As nationwide leaders in the development and implementation of health care reform, CWM stays ahead of health care trends and helps strategize and plan for changes that impact both health care delivery systems and patients on the local, state and national level.
Commonwealth Medicine’s Marketing Analytics Department is responsible for the division’s internal and external communications functions, as well as business development efforts to accelerate growth. The department works with business units to support dissemination efforts aimed at enhancing CWM’s reputation as a thought-leader in today’s changing health care marketplace.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled communications specialist with proven expertise in developing and executing strategies to advance the agendas of senior business executives and their units. In this capacity, you will be responsible for the conception and creation of copy for internal and external communications activities - both on and offline.
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
As Senior Marketing Specialist, you will develop, create and implement Commonwealth Medicine’s communications strategies through various communications vehicles, creating a consistent voice and message. You will:
* Prepare and/or write speeches, briefings, talking points and other documents for key executives within Commonwealth Medicine.
* Work discretely on sensitive or delicate assignments, exercise sound editorial judgment and maintain the trust and confidence of senior executives and their staffs.
* Create story pitches and write press releases targeted at various news media outlets that showcase the value Commonwealth Medicine provides to government agencies and other clients and prospective clients
* Write, review and edit a range of targeted publications, including marketing and educational collateral, web content, newsletters, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, emails, white papers, case studies and other communication vehicles, for clarity, format and consistency of message.
* Create engaging, relevant copy for collateral targeted to external audiences
* Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and web analytics tools to create effective web content, e-blasts, and other electronic marketing messaging
* Generate content to increase engagement across Commonwealth Medicine’s social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
* Apply content strategy practices for the planning, development, and management of content
* Work closely with internal clients to ensure effective coordination of communications efforts
* Research external and internal resources for communications projects as required
* Develop content
A Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism plus seven (7) years of experience working in the communications field, ideally in a health care services setting or equivalent, are required. Successful agency or in-house corporate/marketing communications experience or previous experience working with the news media is preferred.
Candidates should have robust skills in writing and editing both on and offline content, including bylined articles, blogs, PowerPoint presentations, and video scripts. You must have strong interviewing, researching, interpersonal, project management, organizational and communication skills, as well as:
* Web content development expertise, including SEO and web analytics
* Experience with a web content management system
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel PowerPoint required) and HTML; proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver optional
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and move between internal and external communications, and manage time and projects appropriately
* Ability to communicate with individuals at multiple levels
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and offer constructive feedback and direction to support team goals
Why join Commonwealth Medicine’s Marketing Analytics Department? If challenging work, competitive rewards, four weeks paid vacation, free tuition at any Massachusetts state school for you and your family and a fast paced inclusive environment where cutting edge and pioneering health care programs are developed and managed appeals to you, consider sharing your skills and talents with the UMass Medical School.
Candidates must include a cover letter, as a writing sample, to express interest in the position. Should candidates have difficulty attaching cover letters, please forward as an email to Tricia.McCubrey@umassmed.edu.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qf22cc9