|Publication or Company
American Association of Advertising Agencies
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
New York, NY
||The Communications Manager is responsible for developing, refining and executing media relations and public relations programs to best promote the association’s mission, services, and events to the advertising trade, business, and daily press in various formats including digital, print and broadcast. This person will also be required to develop content – including video – and be involved in web publishing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Write and distribute press releases to advertising industry trade publications; business, finance and advertising writers/editors at national newspapers and magazines; broadcast outlets and electronic publications and blogs.
• Develop other media materials including press kits, fact sheets, Q & A’s, media alert, bios and backgrounders.
• Oversee content of 4A’s website. Develop content, oversee graphics, create videos, supervise editorial content and placement.
• Coordinate and vet all incoming media requests to determine response and appropriate 4A’s staff; prepare staff where necessary with topic questions and background information.
• Develop and plan pitches to appropriate media to initiate stories about the 4A’s, its initiatives and services, positioning the association as an authority on relevant issues to the advertising industry.
• Create communication that is on target, distributed in a timely manner and to the appropriate audience, and is in the most appropriate communication format.
• Work with Research Department to develop statistical data to accompany story ideas pitched to the press. Also to create forward looking studies and research that includes analysis and insight, not just facts and figures.
• Organize 4A’s PR Conference, including theme, schedule and programming of speakers, conference promotion and on-site logistics.
• Assist CMO and other senior management with external communications, speech writing and lectures.
• Provide PR advice and guidance to all divisions of the association.
• Serve as public relations resource to member agencies.
• Act as primary staff to the Agency PR and Client PR committees; coordinate meetings, committee communications, meeting logistics and follow-up.
• Research, develop and maintain up-to-date targeted and general press lists.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with press through industry events and one-on- one contact.
Qualifications for Position
• 5 years public relations experience, preferably in advertising, entertainment or communications.
• Superior writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP editorial style
• Digital and social media expertise
• Knowledge of agency side of advertising business
• Proven verbal, written and editorial skills, and the ability to effectively communicate
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with individuals on various levels, especially senior level executives
• Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to details
• Working knowledge and previous experience working with the media - industry trade press
and business press preferred
|About Our Company
||Founded in 1917, the American Association of Advertising Agencies (the "4A's") is the national trade association representing the advertising agency business in the United States.
It is a management-oriented association that offers its members the broadest possible services, expertise and information regarding the advertising agency business.
Its membership produces approximately 80 percent of the total advertising volume placed by agencies nationwide. Although virtually all of the large, multinational agencies are members of the 4A's, more than 60 percent of our membership bills less than $10 million per year.
The average 4A's agency has been a member for more than 20 years, and a dozen agencies can trace their memberships back to the group of 111 agencies that founded the 4A's in 1917.