|Publication or Company
Long Island University
Located in Brookville, N.Y., LIU Post offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and certificate programs at one of Long Island’s most scenic locations along the Gold Coast. Ranked a Best Regional University by U.S. News and World Report, the university features world-class faculty, a vibrant campus life, and residence halls for more than 1,600 students, as well as state-of-the-art athletics facilities including Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium. Graduates who earn their degrees from LIU Post have achieved great distinction in the fields of dance, theater, art, television, movies, music, management and finance, health care, education, and technology.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Advancement Operations, the Associate Director is part of an overall team that supports the university’s marketing, communications, and branding efforts throughout its campuses in Brooklyn, Brookville, New York (LIU Post), and online. The Associate Director will help develop and execute marketing and communication strategies to build the university’s brand through strategic communications/ marketing planning, advertising, direct marketing, and market research for the university.
- * Collaborate internally with Enrollment Services, Admissions, Advancement, Alumni Relations, and other university units to develop plans, strategies, and metrics for the university’s recruitment, and fundraising efforts
- * Provide university constituents with creative concepts, develop consensus, mediate problems, manage crises, track trends, and interpret issues as they relate to various audiences and the university
- * Direct and coordinate media visibility campaigns and other advertising, marketing, and public information activities to inform and recruit prospective students
- * Lead marketing initiatives and ongoing growth of the brand into web, publications, social media, video, and digital media
- * Prepare status reports and written materials (e.g. social media and promotions content, project briefs, etc.); reporting will be both historical and forward looking and with recommendations beyond execution and implementation
- * Work closely with public relations, editorial, and creative services to support the university’s overall communication goals and timing between all marketing efforts
- * Oversee e-marketing campaigns and online platforms as appropriate, including analytics to adjust marketing programs
- * Manage day-to-day on assigned priorities and programs
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related area as well as experience in marketing and public relations. Experience in higher education preferred. Applicants must be able to think and function effectively on multiple levels. He/she must be able to advise the Marketing and Advancement Operations Director and, as appropriate, the Chief of Staff on strategic matters related to communications and marketing; gains the trust and respect of the external professional whose collaboration is essential to the success of the strategies and plans developed and managed by Marketing Services; and be an excellent visionary and implementer of branding, communications, and advertising that meet the needs of the university.
Special Information: This position operates in an office setting, Monday through Friday; however, evening and weekend hours required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
LIU is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related area as well as experience in marketing and public relations. Experience in higher education preferred.
|About Our Company
||iCrossing—a full-service digital agency—is seeking a brilliant addition to our New York City strategy team. The right person will have the following traits:
- A deep understanding of advertising and marketing strategy
- A never-ending curiosity about the world around us
- A desire to channel the forces of business, culture and media into solutions that generate value and success for our clients
- A serious commitment to collaboration
- A hunger to build something new in the world of advertising.
We are a unique agency with a commitment to leveraging our unique position to dream up new models for our clients and to lead the industry with new ideas. We are looking for someone to help make this reality happen, today.
As a Strategy Director, you will play a leadership role driving online marketing strategy and account planning across a variety of client verticals. As a key partner to the Client Services, Creative and Technology groups, you will ensure that all plans are delivered on time and in support of the brand, while developing objectives, strategies, and tactics that drive growth. You will add your unique experience and insight to business and customer objectives, helping our clients maximize customer engagement, sales leads, and long-term loyalty.
You’ll provide thought leadership to clients by using market research and competitive trends to generate insights that inform actionable strategic recommendations. You will also collaborate with creative, media, and technology teams to build a robust marketing strategy and plan for clients, as well as leads at partner agencies and technology providers, to ensure the viability of ideas and concepts. You will also lead strategy projects, working closely with other Strategy team members. Finally, you will work with Business Development and other discipline leads to serve as the strategy lead to support new business opportunities.