|Publication or Company
AIGA, the professional association for design
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Develop AIGA marketing and communication strategies; establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
Brand awareness and outreach
- Identify and assess ongoing marketing opportunities as they arise
- Act as internal advocate for all facets of communications, from brand integrity and corporate identity to clear communications with staff and customers
- Manage collateral materials. Ensure brand consistency and messaging in materials for conferences, membership development, competitions, professional development, etc.
- Design direct mail campaigns. Everything from postcard mailings to fundraising appeals
- Innovate with email communications. Manage email newsletters, promotional emails and other communications to key audiences
- Develop and execute social media strategy (Twitter and Facebook); coordinate with managing editor (who manages AIGA’s Instagram account)
- Stay informed of discussion of issues of importance to AIGA in the trade press and social media
- Develop an effective marketing strategy to increase membership (through both acquisition and retention)
- Write and oversee production of all membership materials, including correspondence, prospect mailings and special appeals
- Develop and write communication vehicles directed to members, i.e., newsletter, website copy, welcome and reminder emails, etc.
- Review and evaluate membership metrics
- Develop an effective marketing strategy to increase program registrations (conference, competitions, professional development, webcasts, etc.)
- Work closely with program leads to develop and write communication vehicles directed to customers, e.g., newsletter, website copy, promotional emails, etc.
- Online marketing. Develop and maintain messaging and content on AIGA’s online properties, including specific plans to increase membership and attendance for AIGA events (in-person or virtual)
- Review and evaluate program metrics, including registrations, etc.
Strategic partnerships and fundraising
- With director of strategic partnerships, leverage increased membership to secure partnerships with more national brands
- Oversee implementation of marketing deliverables related to sponsorships and partnerships
- Manage media partnerships and collaborations
- Advertising. Identify partnerships to provide print and online advertising opportunities
- Public relations. Promote AIGA’s activities on behalf of the profession
- Research. Conduct and analyze customer satisfaction surveys
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management, and use this information to help AIGA operate with initiative and innovation
- Bachelor's degree; master’s degree preferred
- At least 8 years experience with marketing/communications
- Strong business acumen including strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing small teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; writing experience is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and experience managing budgets
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing social media strategies and various new media platforms
- Computer literacy a must (Word, Excel, Google Docs) and experience with employing email newsletter programs (we use MailChimp) and survey programs (SurveyMonkey) is desirable
We offer a six-figure salary, as well as a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, retirement, etc.
|About Our Company
||Nonprofit professional design association seeks motivated individual as director of marketing and communications. The director manages all aspects of marketing and communications including brand management, membership development, customer experience, program marketing, social media, creative services, media partnerships, public relations and advertising. The director is a key leader in the implementation of AIGA’s strategic plan. This position collaborates with colleagues across functions (e.g., membership, sponsorship, events, professional development, competitions, advocacy) to achieve organizational objectives.
AIGA, the professional association for design, is the oldest and largest membership association for design professionals engaged in the discipline, practice and culture of designing. AIGA’s mission is to advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force. AIGA represents more than 25,000 designers of all disciplines through national activities and local programs developed by 68 chapters and more than 200 student groups.