Director of Communications and Marketing
|Publication or Company
National Disability Institute
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including, but not limited to:
1. Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance NDI’s visibility of its programs and activities across key stakeholder audiences at a national, state, and local level in the private and public sectors.
2. Oversee the continued development of NDI’s brand identity as a creative, entrepreneurial, problem-solver focused on social impact to advance a better economic future for individuals with disabilities and their families.
3. Broaden awareness and support for NDI’s programs and priorities through development and utilization of traditional and social media and the creation of marketing materials that promote the NDI identity, results-oriented projects and activities, and public-private sector collaborations.
4. Serve as a marketing and communications advisor to NDI leadership.
5. Identify challenges and solutions to emerging communications issues faced by NDI in achieving social impact, promoting public policy reform, and implementing the strategic plan.
6. Oversee and lead the Communications Team.
7. Oversee and execute as needed all marketing and communications materials to ensure its alignment with NDI’s messaging, identity, and priorities in a timely manner.
8. Build and manage a Marketing and Communications Committee with Board members and other volunteer advisors.
9. Oversee and execute as needed the development of NDI’s website and other electronic communications including e-newsletters.
10. Expand media opportunities and prepare talking points and supporting materials that enhance NDI visibility and impact.
11. Oversee and execute the development of all print and branded materials across projects to assure alignment of message and brand.
12. Manage relationships with any communications-related vendors and consultants
13. Identify and execute visibility for NDI at targeted national conferences, special events, and social networks.
14. Work collaboratively with other members of leadership on materials needed for effective presentations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Flexibility, adaptability to changing circumstances.
• Demonstrated development of website content and development, material development and message alignment across projects, effective use of traditional and social media, and funder communications.
• The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
• Ability to seek ways to constantly improve efficiency of work processes.
• Excellent communication skills in person, in writing and by telephone and by email, demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated listening skills.
• Completes assignments in a timely manner, and appropriately evaluates own progress toward completion of work goals.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team (including with remote staff).
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
• Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and information when requested.
• Experience working with people with disabilities a plus.
• Experience with financial institutions and public-private partnerships a plus.
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, funders, program participants, and other supporters.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish language or Spanish translation a plus.
|About Our Company
||The mission of National Disability Institute is to build a better economic future for Americans with disabilities.
We envision a world where people with disabilities have equal opportunity to achieve financial stability and independence as people without disabilities.
NDI has identified three enduring values that guide all decision making and activities and will help set strategic direction for the future.
*We value all individuals across the spectrum of disability to be productive and contribute to the vitality of communities regardless of race, gender, cultural background and age.
*We value self determination and informed decision making that empower individuals with disabilities to have choices and direction that respect their individual preferences.
*We value the benefit of collaboration among all important stakeholders in the public and private sectors to design, implement, and improve opportunities for individuals with disabilities to participate in the economic mainstream and advance their financial independence.