Hey Donald, Clip this!
ICYMI over the weekend, Donald Sterling is still the worst NBA team owner in the entire league. However, the reasons behind that conclusion got much more personal as he has discovered a way to offend 100 percent of the teams, coaches, and fans with one fatal wag of his malevolent tongue.
Essentially, Captain Cretin here is dating a woman of mixed descent who obviously adores his beautiful mind (wink wink), and he isn’t keen on the idea of her bringing some friends to his team’s games or posing in pictures with other well-known NBA legends.
And yes, he was very specific about the kind of friends he doesn’t like.
In a 10-minute diatribe recorded and provided to TMZ Sports, the L.A. Clippers owner tells his beloved, known as “V. Stiviano”, that he doesn’t want her bringing her (black) friends to “his game” –and that he includes one Earvin “Magic” Johnson in that forbidden group.
Here is the recording and some snippets for those who enjoy the Cribbs’ Notes version:
- “It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?” (3:30)
- “You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games.” (5:15)
- “I’m just saying, in your lousy f**king Instagrams, you don’t have to have yourself with, walking with black people.” (7:45)
- “…Don’t put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don’t bring him to my games.” (9:13)
Of course the Internet replied as only it can in a barrage that began with this shot fired from Magic:
.@cjbycookie and I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) April 26, 2014
Racism is a mental health disease. Seek help.
— Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) April 26, 2014
I know coaches & players play for each other & especially THE FANS, but it would be hard for me to play another game for Sterling. #NBA
— James Worthy (@James_Worthy42) April 26, 2014
— Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) April 26, 2014
That’s the way it is…He is honest about what he believes in..Been going on for a long time, Hats off 2 the Team.. 4 playin above it all.
— Baron Davis (@Baron_Davis) April 26, 2014
And then, there’s the great Charles Barkley calling Sterling a “jackass” on national TV.
Yeah, NEWS FLASH to the old man with no brain: You just alienated your key demographic there. You may want to consider your future at McDonald’s. We hear they are hiring, but don’t expect them to adhere to your stupid rules.
In the meantime, enjoy your well-earned infamy.
- NFL Promises to Crack Down on Domestic Violence
- ESPN Gets the Memo on America's Disinterest in Michael Sam's Showering Habits
- Chipotle Co-CEO Turns His Nose Up at 'Cheap, Irrelevant' Fast Food Chains
- Zara Acts Fast to Pull Shirt That Resembles Concentration Camp Uniform