Earlier this week we told you that we consider ourselves “unapologetic beer snobs“. A couple of equally important things we didn’t tell you:
- We love HBO’s Game of Thrones
- We think New York’s Ommegang Brewery makes some of America’s finest craft beer
And now two of our favorite things have joined forces in the name of marketing–it’s a Festivus miracle!
Today brings news that Ommegang will release a series of three custom beers to coincide with the third season of HBO’s hit, beginning with the premiere of Iron Throne Blonde Ale on March 31st. Ommegang’s rep said: “The collaboration between Ommegang and HBO is focused on developing unique beers that directly tie into themes, characters and nuances of the medieval-like fantasy realm of Westeros and the surrounding kingdoms, where the competition to sit on the Iron Throne is fierce and deadly.”
Whatever, man. We just know how great it will taste.
(Oh, and thanks to WebProNews, whose headline we totally nicked for this post.)
- The New Thing For TV Shows: Debut the Pilot Episode Online In Advance
- Chris Pratt Reprises 'Star Lord' Roll to Entertain Kids at LA Hospital
- Edge of Tomorrow: Live. Die. Rebrand.
- Downton Abbey's Classy, Charitable Response to 'Water Bottle-Gate'