Since it’s a Friday, we’d like to share this amusing tweet from the L.A. Sheriff’s office:
#Facebook is not a Law Enforcement issue, please don’t call us about it being down, we don’t know when FB will be back up!
— Sgt. Brink (@LASDBrink) August 1, 2014
Things we learned from this single message:
- Facebook went down for some people this morning/afternoon
- Some users’ reliance on Facebook is so great that they will call the cops to try and figure out what happened
- The volume of calls was such that the department’s spokesperson had to let everyone know that the Sheriff’s Department and the Facebook customer service team are not, in fact, the same organization (side note: we’re pretty sure Facebook does not actually have such a team)
Somewhere, Mark Zuckerberg is (probably) smiling…or is he?!
[H/T Salon on that clip]
- Roger Goodell Press Conference Is Your #PRFail of the Week
- 16 Brands That Celebrated #InternationalTalkLikeAPirateDay
- Someone Forgot to Cancel Joan Rivers' Instagram iPhone Promo
- 5 PR Experts Weigh in on NFL's Attempt to 'Combat Domestic Violence'