Over the last decade, we’ve seen an unprecedented surge of interest in public relations that has created an incredible abundance of PR jobs in firms, corporations, non-profits, and consulting. But what are the key skills every PR firm is looking for?
With Mediabistro’s online “Public Relations” course, you’ll earn a certificate in PR while learning how to break into the business, enhance your skills, and develop PR programs. You’ll also find out everything you need to know to get that all-important first job.
WHEN:4 sessions, 9/27 – 10/18. Online chats Thursdays, 9-10 pm ET
PRICE: $350 (or $325 for AvantGuild members)
CERTIFICATE: Use this course to earn a certificate in Public Relations.
Seats are limited. Register now!
Instructor Linda Marsicano is the former vice president of corporate communications with Playboy Enterprises. She has also worked in executive PR roles for Exelon Corporation as well as nonprofit professional societies including the American Society of Plastic Surgery. She is currently a freelance public and media relations consultant.
In this class, you will learn how to develop:
- A targeted, tactical PR plan that generates results
- Polished material
- Dynamic biographies for yourself, your clients, and your associates
- A targeted media outreach program geared to the needs of your clients
- Attention-getting media pitch letters
- The all-important news release
By the end of class, you will have:
A tactical public relations plan, a corporate biography, and a news release you can use in job interviews.
The online classroom has several components:
- Lessons: Access weekly lectures.
- Homework: Share your work and receive instructor feedback.
- Discussion: Exchange resources and ask questions via discussion forum.
- Chat: Join a weekly group discussion via instant message. Transcripts are available if you can’t participate.
Seating is limited. Save your spot and register today!
- Tune in Tomorrow for Career Advice from Microsoft's Marketing Manager
- Register for Mediabistro's 'Public Relations: Build Your Porftolio' Course and Save
- Enroll in the 'Public Relations Intensive' Workshop and Get a FREE Webcast
- PRNewser Co-Founder Jason Chupick Joins MWW