Today in Shameless Self Promotion: Students looking to enter PR and professionals who’d like to hone their skill sets can both benefit from Mediabistro’s “Public Relations: Build Your Portfolio” course.
The four-week online program, run by former Playboy corporate comms VP Linda Mariscano, runs from this Wednesday, September 25th to October 23rd. The classes will help attendees focus on refining their writing skills, building and arranging a body of work, and learning to present themselves and their credentials in the best possible light.
At the end of the course students should have:
- A PR portfolio including letters to the editor
- A press release and media alert
- A press plan with a social media component
- Talking points
- A pitch letter
- A PR resume
And yes, you can still register and save: use the discount code “PR50″ when registering before the class starts on Wednesday and save $50.
- STUDY: People Can't Use Twitter Without the Eff Bomb
- You Thought California Was Bad? Imagine Six of Them.
- Goldman Sachs Brings Sexist Back at Women's Coding Event
- Agency Asks Aspiring Creatives for 10-Second Pitches via Snapchat: The Job Interview for the Twitter Generation?