Add Edelman Digital to the list of firms making big changes this week. David Armano, formerly managing director of ED Chicago, will assume the newly created position global strategy director of key accounts and report to Cricket Wardein, head of U.S. digital practice, while southwest digital lead Brian Mays will succeed him as MD reporting to Rick Murray, GM of the larger Edelman Chicago operation.
Armano, who joined the agency in 2009, has become quite the presence as a quotable expert on all things digital, and he’ll provide “senior-level guidance” to CMOs, digital marketers and social media teams on the client side.
Mays, who has nearly two decades of experience and specializes in helping brands lead online conversations, will replace Armano in overseeing 75 employees in Chicago.
- Derek DeVries (who is quite funny on Twitter) will be a senior associate providing “social media marketing, online reputation management and strategic counsel” to clients across LE&A’s practices. He previously worked as marketing associate at 834 Marketing & Design.
- John VanderHaagen will also be a senior associate specializing in social media sales management and live event promotion. He recently ran social media sales and marketing for the Grand Rapids Griffins an American Hockey League affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings.
- Abby Hartig will work as an associate at RIPPLE+AFFECT after joining the firm from digital marketing agency Bevelwise, where she was a social media specialist.
- Roll Call: Ogilvy, Porter Novelli and Stanton & Company
- Roll Call: Edelman, Ogilvy, King + Company and More
- Roll Call: CommCreative, Saatchi and Saatchi and DeVries Global
- Butterball #TurkeyTalk: Yes, We Hired Dudes and No, Our Turkeys Aren't Filled With Butter