The campaign in question concerns “print, outdoor, radio and digital” materials emphasizing Schell’s status as the country’s second-oldest brewery and its German “craft” heritage.
The agency shared the creative on its site; while most of content is strictly advertising, the PR angle lies in positioning Schell’s as a longtime local and distinctly German brand. The messaging worked on us, though, because we just got incredibly thirsty. (Full disclosure: we love both beer and Fridays. It’s like we’re Irish or something.)
Kenwerks will use its NY and LA offices to handle PR, event planning and marketing duties for the company, which began as a mail-order retailer selling vintage military duds before graduating to replicas and, eventually, its own American-made sportswear.
Founder Ken Loo calls Cockpit principals Jeff and Jacky Clyman two of his “true heroes”, and they do have quite the origin story. Most importantly, the brand dressed the cast of Top Gun (RIP Goose, gone but not forgotten).
Blue Sky Luxury, a travel brand specializing in “Caribbean holiday homes”, has chosen NYC firm The Atrebor Group as its agency of record; Artrebor was a natural pick for Blue Sky thanks to its “extensive” history representing travel hospitality brands based in the region.
Blue Sky’s lineup now includes homes in St. Lucia, Jamaica, Dominica and Antigua (but does not feature Key Largo, Montego, or John Stamos on bongos).
Nancy J. Friedman PR signed two new travel/hospitality clients:
- Marmara Park Avenue, a soon-to-open extension of the Upper East Side hotel
- The New York Palace Hotel – the firm will promote this recently renovated, Tony Soprano-worthy Madison Ave. spot by raising awareness of both its new lounge and bar and its “hotel-within-a-hotel concept”, which involves a separate “Towers” space on its top floors (don’t worry, it’s nothing like those Japanese “capsule hotels“)
5WPR signed the footwear brand Aerosoles, a maker of “women’s high quality, comfortable and fashion-right shoes and boots”. The firm will be responsible for increasing public awareness of both the brand’s extensive product line and the technologies that set it apart.
Sadly, those technologies have yet to create a shoe that will allow us to run in this awful New York weather.
- How to Fight False Rumors Online
- Roll Call: Edelman, Eastwick, Aon and More
- The Ticker: NYT Layoffs; 'Fearless' Marketing; Ello Hearts Facebook; And More
- The Ticker: eBay Spins Off PayPal; Magazine Industry Plays Defense; Apple Sues Somebody; And More