- MWW will handle PR duties for Red Lobster, winning the account following the chain’s separation from parent company Darden. The company chose Publicis Kaplan Thaler as its new ad agency after announcing that split in July and picked MWW after a review (Edelman previously served as AOR). While the firm won’t handle social media, it will be responsible for corporate communications, executive visibility, issues management and brand positioning. As for why the company announced its new ad agency nearly two months before its new PR despite signing them at the same time, ask the guy above.
- Romacorp, the parent company of Tony Roma’s steakhouses, chose Uproar PR for national public relations responsibilities and Parquet Public Affairs for issue management and crisis comms. While the firms celebrated the win with an ice bucket challenge video, we don’t know if they can address our most pressing crisis: what’s the best way to deal with all the foot traffic around Roma’s Barclay’s Center location?
- Momentum Communications Group will serve as PR AOR for The Law School Admission Council, a group that specializes in connecting law school applicants with representatives from schools in order to smooth the admissions process. Two words they almost certainly never mention in the same sentence: “student” and “loans.”
- Biggest Stories of the Week
- CNN Gives Scottish Independence Story 110 Percent
- Same Channel, Different Show: America Distrusts Mass Media More Than Congress
- The Ticker: What Is Alibaba; Newsweek Journo Responds; Corporate Newsrooms; And More