Three quick questions:
- Do you have a free moment tomorrow at lunchtime?
- Would you like some advice on how to begin and advance your career in communications, social media and/or marketing?
- Would you like to hear current Microsoft head of marketing/former Social@Ogilvy VP Geoffrey Colon discuss the matter?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then we strongly encourage you to tune in at 1 PM tomorrow for Mediabistro’s “Career Lunch Hangout” as managing editor Valerie Berrios and MediaJobsDaily editor/career expert Vicki Salemi host a Google+ event with Colon, marketing manager at Microsoft.
More details after the jump.
Get advice on how you can use social media marketing and personal branding to advance your career and how to get your foot in the door at Microsoft.
Geoffrey Colon is group marketing manager of social media at Microsoft/BingAds. He is also a subject matter expert on social business and disruptive innovation. Prior to this, he was vice president of Social@Ogilvy at Ogilvy & Mather, where he created and executed tactical social strategies for a variety of business divisions within IBM. He wrote several of the top thought leadership pieces for the agency including one on content as the new currency for Fast Company.
Geoffrey was also supervisor of digital communities at 360i and social media specialist at Bond Strategy and Influence. Past clients include American Express, Coca-Cola, Lysol, Kraft, Smirnoff, Spotify, The Food Network, Netflix, USA Network, A&E, History, HGTV, and Invisalign.
- People Don't RSVP Anymore. Here Are Tips To Keep Events Running Smoothly
- A Blueprint for Keeping Brands Relevant During Renovations
- Can SantaCon Reform Its Drunken Rep?
- Media Outlets Angle for Coverage During the British Royal Couple's New York Visit