October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and while the NFL might not be as generous as we’d hope in donating to related causes, some beauty brands are. We’ve gathered a few dedicated companies listed by different publications to see which ones are going above and beyond on the breast cancer PR front.
The New York Times lists:
- Estee Lauder brands Aveda, Bobbi Brown and La Mer. The Estee Lauder Companies maintains its own Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign site, and up to 20% of the sales totals from certain items across brands go to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Essie, which created Pink About It and Pink Works nail polish for the occasion and plans to donate an unspecified amount to Living Beyond Breast Cancer, an advocacy/networking group for victims and their families
- Marc Jacobs, which will donate $3 from the sale of each new Daisy Hot Pink perfume to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (though we have to say the “up to $50K” total seems a little arbitrary)
Lucille Roberts adds a few more:
- eos, which offers a “breast cancer awareness two-pack” lip balm and says that “a portion of proceeds” will go to related research
- Pantene, whose “Beautiful Lengths” line has donated “over 3 million dollars” to make wigs for women suffering from hair loss due to cancer
- Sonia Kashuk, which will donate 15% of sales from its ”proudly pink” brush set to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Allure‘s list also includes:
- Nails Inc., which created its Pinkie Pink polish to benefit the British Breast Cancer Campaign
- FitBit, which is more a fitness band than a beauty brand but will donate an impressive $10 from each sale to the American Cancer Society
Do we know of any other brands whose breast cancer advocacy campaigns compare?
- San Francisco Thinks Bottled Water Should Tap Out
- More Congressional #PRFail: WIC Expands $2 Per Month
- Congress Members Skip Seth Rogen's Testimony on Alzheimer's, Show How They Really Feel About the Issue
- Why Media Markets Need to Be Like Dallas/Ft. Worth Because Girl Power