- Attract New Customers with Publishing Apps Hear Zinio LLC's Jeanniey Mullen's helpful advice on how to utilize publishing apps to find customers.
- Discover Business Models that Worked for Time.com Join Time.com’s GM and other leaders as they share the strategies they used that led to successful & award-winning magazine apps.
- How Videos can Help Build a Community Hear New York Times bestselling author and vlogger John Green share how he uses videoblogs to grow a community of "nerdfighters" and what they are doing to help save publishing.
App Development, Marketing & Monetization
Publishing App Expo is a two-day, four-track event that will teach you how to build apps within budget, maximize discoverability, and monetize content across all publishing platforms. The conference unites book and magazine publishers, developers, digital content strategists, editors, authors, and entrepreneurs for an extensive look into the cutting-edge world of publishing app design, demographics, and distribution.
You'll hear from magazine, book publishing, and app development experts and leaders who will draw a comprehensive roadmap of the publishing app world. Session topics include:
- App Building 101: Hear app developers offer a step-by-step tutorial for building an app from scratch.
- How Publishing Apps Connect with Readers is Real Life: Find out the techniques needed to help authors, magazines and publishers utilize apps to find customers in the real world.
- Maximizing Discoverability & Profitability in Book App Marketplaces: Discover how to create eye-catching content, rise up the Top App lists, and promote your app in the right places.
- Finding & Keeping Subscribers in a Sea of Content: Experts and successful app creators share tips for making your app stand out in a crowded field.
Customize your Experience with Four Tracks
Offering four core themes, Publishing App Expo gives attendees plenty of options. Choose the tracks most appropriate to your business objectives -- registration is available for the full event, one day, and one track. Tracks include:
- App Building: A practical, hands-on tutorial about what it takes to develop your own app.
- App Strategy: A look into the best practices to find designers, manage updates, analyze demographics, negotiate subscription, and set up payment systems.
- Magazine & News Apps: Determine pricing, social media objectives, discoverability, monetization, and app alternatives.
- Book Apps: Develop pricing, social media initiatives, discoverability, monetization, and app alternatives.
Participating at Publishing App Expo
comiXology On Real Life Business Models for Apps
MagAppZine On Setting and Sticking to an App Budget
Jackson Fish Market On Real Life Business Models for Apps
ScrollMotion On The Reinvention of Content Experience and Engagement
Seth W. Lieberman
Pangea Media On Building A Successful Marketing Campaign in a Social World