|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Telecommute Policy
||New York, NY
||Reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the company’s principals to build engaged audiences across multiple social media platforms. Key responsibilities include:
• Real-time monitoring and engagement with all of our social media channels; your primary responsibility will be spending your day composing and sharing posts/tweets/pins to promote site content and wider conversation around list-making and Top Ten lists
• Responding to users/fans to amplify awareness and drive traffic to the site
• Growing our audience, as measured in follows, likes, and retweets
• Scouring the social-verse for conversations we should be a part of, and engaging appropriately
• Analyzing and optimizing social media performance to maximize reach, clicks and engagement
• Presenting weekly reports on social activity, trends, competitor behavior and audience growth
• Providing social media support to key third-party partners, including managing accounts on their behalf
• 3-5 years of experience in social media / public relations or related field
• Strong fluency in social media, with emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
• Ability to capture and represent the voice of the Culturalist brand
• Demonstrated experience with growing social media audiences
• Comfort with analytics around social media and audience response
|About Our Company
||Culturalist’s Social Media Manager is our first line of defense in the War on Boring.
At Culturalist, we’re building a platform where users shape, share and debate their opinions about anything and everything through Top Ten lists like "The Top Ten Best Political Leaders We Need Right Now", "The Top Ten Best TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Soon" and "The Top Ten Best Things I Simply Can't Live Without". From off-beat topics to viral trends, from high to low, from mass to niche, it's all fair game for our growing, vibrant community of users And when one of our users makes a particularly great list – or when we want to shine a spotlight on a certain topic – our Social Media Manager helps amplify that message by sparking conversation across a variety of channels.
We’re looking for somebody smart, hungry, and obsessed with sharing who “gets” our users and our voice to lead that charge. Somebody who can take ownership of our social media presence, grow our audience, and strategically identify – and pursue – opportunities for us to broaden our reach.
With a small, growing start-up team, this is a great chance for the right candidate to make an impact on the early days of a new product, and a fantastic opportunity for someone with the drive and experience to take that next step.
The position is full time salaried with benefits, either working remotely or in NYC. Occasional travel to company meetings or industry events may be required.