|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing, Social Media, Web Development
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health, Stock/Options
||Cricket Media is looking for an Editor to assume direction of two of our children’s media brands, BABYBUG, for infants and toddlers, and LADYBUG, for children ages 3-6 years. The position includes developing and editing content across a variety of formats, including print magazines, digital editions, and mobile apps. The ideal candidate loves children’s literature and has a strong literary sensibility.
• Lead the creative team responsible for defining and implementing content for BABYBUG and LADYBUG.
• Develop content and features that are enlightening, entertaining, and educational for young children.
• Foster a highly collaborative, innovative environment where everyone on the team is encouraged to create new ways of experiencing our industry-leading content.
• Maintain control over the company’s editorial direction for BABYBUG and LADYBUG, upholding the company’s high-quality editorial standards.
• Work with other creative teams to develop integrated content packages and opportunities across the company’s portfolio of brands and products.
• Collaborate with the Marketing, Licensing, and brand teams to support content sales, content licensing, and the company’s brand character portfolio.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BA required; advanced degree preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of proven success in developing content across physical and digital products.
• Ability to evaluate and champion manuscripts, and work with authors to develop stories through multiple drafts.
• Aesthetic sense for working with designers and art directors.
• Deadline driven and detail oriented, with ability to multi-task.
• Creative, innovative thinker that thrives in a highly collaborative, highly creative environment.
• Experience with children’s media and educational media strongly preferred.
• Excellent writing, proofreading, and oral skills.
• Experience working in a fast-moving, deadline-conscious, high-growth company.
• Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects.
• Proficient in using a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communications.
• Chicago, IL preferred, but possible locations for the right candidate also include Washington, DC and southwestern New Hampshire.
|About Our Company
||Cricket Media is a leading international education media company, producing award-winning mobile apps, digital editions, books, and magazines that connect kids globally to great learning experiences. Cricket Media pairs award-winning digital and physical content with safe and secure collaboration tools to connect K-12 children around the world to enlightening learning experiences. This includes 18 award-winning children’s media brands across a full spectrum of formats, languages, devices, and platforms. Cricket Media also hosts the ePals Global Community, the world’s largest community of K-12 classrooms enabling students and teachers to safely connect with like-minded learners and educators worldwide. We put the world in the hands of students and teachers by facilitating authentic and dynamic exchanges and collaborations with thousands of classrooms in almost 200 countries and territories.
WORKING AT CRICKET MEDIA:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce with individuals who are leaders in their fields committed to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally committed by the desire to “do well and do good.” People who value these ideas, understand how to make them real at scale, and who thrive in a fast-paced environment will do well at our company. Our culture values and encourages creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. Cricket Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment. We also offer a full range of employment benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com.