|Publication or Company
||Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing, Social Media
||The Social Media Manager will be responsible for implementing Crain’s new corporate social media strategy with the goals of raising Crain’s profile online, generating inbound traffic and increasing both job applications and adoption of our products. To achieve those goals, this person will primarily focus on creating original content and engaging with our followers online. Additionally, this person will act as a corporate liaison to the social media stakeholders at each of our 20 publications and regularly incorporate their original content into our corporate social strategy. This person will also monitor Crain’s online reputation and will work with our leadership to quickly and appropriately handle any online issues that impact the Crain brand. The role reports directly to Crain’s Social Media Director.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Crain’s digital strategy team to develop and implement Crain’s corporate social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness.
• Manage all social media content creation and posting for Crain’s existing social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Ensure that all employee events happening at Crain’s offices worldwide are effectively captured and promoted on Crain’s social profiles.
• Coordinate all posts submitted by employees for use on Crain’s social profiles.
• Maintain a centralized social media calendar of both corporate and brand initiatives and plan content accordingly.
• Respond quickly to the questions and comments of Crain’s followers online, and alert the appropriate stakeholders to any issues arising online.
• Launch and grow Crain’s profiles on additional social platforms as decided by the digital strategy team.
• Monitor the analytics of Crain’s social profiles and consistently use those learnings to improve content posted to Crain’s social profiles and its overall strategy.
• Prepare a weekly report outlining social media successes and challenges, as well as the social media plan for the following week.
• Encourage adoption of relevant new and emerging social media techniques into Crain to benefit the company’s brand, products and services.
• Monitor and anticipate changes in social media tools, trends and applications as well.
• Be an advocate of Crain in social media spaces, developing brand awareness, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Attend relevant industry and department events as needed.
• 4 year college degree - communications, marketing, and other related field.
• 2 to 4 years Social Media or Community Management experience.
• Strong communications, project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, verbal and presentation format, and build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
• Needs to demonstrate excellent ability to write and edit social media copy.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and technical usage, participant engagement (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.) and deployed in different scenarios.
• Solid understanding of digital content within communications and marketing disciplines.
• Communications/Public Relations, Marketing, Sales, or a mix of some varied experience on top of core Social Media experience is a plus.
• Passion for understanding the media industry and engagement strategies to influence reader behavior online.
• Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh executable ideas that support Crain’s voice, initiatives, and goals.
• Highly detail oriented and able to execute and manage multiple ongoing projects.
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
• Good technical background and demonstrates ability to adopt new online tools quickly.
• Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
• Computer skills: MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Adobe Reader, Ability to use Adobe Photoshop.
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 25 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section. To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.