|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
New York, NY
||IDG's TechNetwork is seeking a Software Developer who is passionate about Software & Web Development. As a Software developer you must possess the ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient and standard-compliant code, and have an eye for performance optimization and the ability to efficiently troubleshoot.
• Development and Maintenance of existing software
• Gather Requirements for new features
• Planning & Designing the software based on new requirements
• Planning & Estimating timelines
• Designing & Developing databases
• Identify and address performance issues
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Identify and prototype best practices for backend (databases)
Job Requirements :
• Expert knowledge of PHP5/OOP, MySQL-databases and data modelling
• Experience in Software Development using the following scripting languages: PHP, Python, Ruby
• Knowledge of languages like C# or Java a plus
• Experience in Software testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
• Experience in any PHP based MVC framework (Zend, CakePHP, etc)
• Experience in source control like Git, Subversion
• Experience in working with REST/SOAP APIs
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles
• Experience with MongoDB or any other NoSQL a plus
• Experience in Database performance optimization plus
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Self-motivated with a sense of urgency
• Innovative and Flexible
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Related Degrees
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in Software/Web Development
|About Our Company
||IDG TechNetwork provides first to market advertising solutions for technology marketers with one goal in mind – keeping our clients one step ahead of the rapidly evolving digital market. We are experts in identifying and reaching all segments within the technology marketplace and take pride in connecting marketers with the largest and most enthused technology audience across the web.
International Data Group (IDG) is the world's leading technology media, events and research company. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, IDG products and services reach an audience of more than 280 million technology buyers in 97 countries. IDG Communications' global media brands include ChannelWorld®, CIO®, CSO®, Computerworld®, GamePro®, InfoWorld®, Macworld®, Network World®, PCWorld® and TechWorld.® IDG's media network features 460 websites, 200 mobile sites and apps and 200 print titles spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment, and video games worldwide.
As an IDG employee, you join a collaborative global network of talented colleagues. Our entrepreneurial environment and decentralized operating structure allow you to make an impact from day one. You benefit from the stability and authority that comes with working for the world's leading technology media, events and research company while enjoying great flexibility and autonomy within your business unit.