HBO Project Engineer
|Publication or Company
Provide broadcast project engineering design and implementation for HBO Communications Center. Areas of concentration include but are not limited to digital video processing, distribution and playout. Coordinate purchase and procurement of related hardware, software and contractor/vendor services. Responsible for managing project timelines and schedules.
• Conceptualize jointly with Engineering and Operations staff new systems, retrofits and upgrades.
• Develop schematic functional design, and equipment budget requirements.
• Provide request for quote for purchase of project related equipment and vendor services.
• Establish with vendor professional services, service contracts and training.
• Coordinate and work in harmony with Integration Services to implement system components and materials.
• Provide guidance and supervision as needed to project support staff through all project phases.
• Systems and operational training for Maintenance Engineering and Operations Technicians, Supervisors etc. May be required to conduct personalized training and/or coordinate vendor training.
• Develop jointly with Operations and Engineering SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) documentation, manuals and or instruction booklets.
• Schedule weekly and ad hoc project meetings with stakeholders and staff.
• Facilitate all aspects of project deliverables from concept to handoff to operations to project closeout.
• Schedule and lead interdepartmental project and staff meetings as required.
• BS/BA in Engineering/Communications or equivalent professional experience required
• 10 years overall Broadcast experience.
• 3+ years traditional project management experience.
• MS Visio, MS Project, Excel.
• Excellent speaking skills. Comfortable speaking in front of large audiences.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. of equipment for testing, unboxing or preparing for shipment.
Ideal candidate skills and attributes
• Complete understanding of Master Control and Network control room design and functionality.
• Harris Automation systems.
• Omneon and Grass Valley Video Server Systems
• Transcoding principles, MXF, GFX plus additional.
• Video formats SDI, ASI, RF/IF, TS, MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.264.
• Transmission Encoding and Multiplexing.
• Downlink and Decoding.
• Baseband distribution (Router, DA’s , Frame Sync etc)
• KVM matrix and control
• Network and Storage fundamentals. IP addressing, port allocations etc.
• Fiber optic applications knowledge
• Proficient skills with AutoCAD
• Detailed written and strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to layout project lifecycle from start to finish.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
• Work under tight deadlines and adjust priorities as needed.
Please ONLY apply for this position at: http://bit.ly/1b9WNa7
|About Our Company
It's Not TV. It's HBO
Americas most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour premium television services HBO and Cinemax to nearly 40 million U.S. subscribers. International joint ventures bring branded services to more than 50 countries around the world, and HBOs programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending and transportation reimbursement accounts, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and cable reimbursement.