Script Writer and Presenter: Photo & Pro Video
|Publication or Company
B&H Photo Video
||Other Publishing, Photography, TV/Cable
||New York, NY
The Photo & Pro Video Script Writer and Presenter is a product expert who is capable of reviewing and demonstrating products on camera with a broadcast-quality presentation style. This position requires deep and broad product knowledge and hands-on experience within pro & consumer photography and video, and a healthy familiarity with computers/tablets as well. The Writer/Presenter generates project ideas based on industry trends and product releases and works with Buyers to ensure that video projects fall in line with the company's overall sales direction. The Writer/Presenter must be an excellent researcher and writer, able to execute scripts that are technologically sound, engaging, and educational for the customer.
In addition to the written script, the Writer/Presenter is responsible for ensuring that the Shooter covers all the proper visuals for every project. During the editing process, the Writer/Presenter consults with the Editor to ensure that B-roll properly matches the script. The Writer/Presenter must be able to work through scripts and productions efficiently and be able to juggle multiple projects at a time, always having at least three project ideas planned for the future.
• Conceiving projects and researching & writing scripts
• Reading the script from a teleprompter and demonstrating gear on camera in a professional manner
• Staying current with new products and technological trends within pro/consumer video and photography
• Reviewing videos with a keen critical eye
• Working with the Production Coordinator to order all gear that's necessary for a project
• Presenting scripts written by others as necessary
• Conducting on-camera interviews as necessary
• Returning all gear promptly at the end of a project in its original condition
• Writing short blurbs to promote the Writer/Presenter's completed videos
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Professional on-camera presentation style
• Comfort with teleprompters and conducting interviews
• Excellent writing skills
• Facility & curiosity within pro/consumer video & photography
• Strong customer focus & commitment to 100% accuracy
Physical Environment/Occupational Risks
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
|About Our Company
||B&H is world renowned as the place to be for all your photo, video, pro audio and digital imaging needs. In 40 years of existence, B&H has established itself as both a Super Store located in the heart of New York City as well as an on-line resource that caters to photo and video enthusiasts -- professional and amateur alike. Long known as "The Professional Source", consumers worldwide look to B&H for knowledgeable guidance when purchasing cameras and related accessories.
Why do our clients like to do business with B&H? Our award-winning customer service department, our sales staff's product knowledge, the largest, most extensive inventory in the industry (more than 300,000 items), our user-friendly website, rapid order fulfillment and prompt delivery are just a few of the reasons.
B&H offers competitive salaries, medical benefits, a 401K plan, employee discounts, and equally important, an opportunity to grow within a high-energy company that continues to grow by leaps and bounds.