HBO Hotline Coordinator (Temporary)
|Publication or Company
||New York, NY
Coordinator for HBO’s Network Authorizations/Affiliate Technical Support Hotline needed to provide technical support to HBO affiliates that are offering HBO linear, On Demand, and web-based media services to their customers, and to support existing Hotline management as needed. This is a temporary position.
This assignment requires familiarity with satellite broadcast technologies, web and video streaming technologies, multi-platform content delivery/troubleshooting, and reporting & IT fundamentals.
• Respond to HBO affiliates who contact the HBO Hotline via telephone and e-mail regarding technical problems or questions relating to satellite reception of HBO services and On Demand content.
• Work directly with affiliates, vendor operations staff, and HBO internal departments to identify and help to resolve reception problems with linear services.
• Authorize/deauthorize HBO affiliates as directed using HBO’s internal authorization database.
• Provide key communications and coordination between affiliate contact(s) and HBO internal technical and customer service teams in order to resolve technical issues affecting the availability of all HBO media services.
• Respond to trouble tickets and/or calls/emails from affiliates regarding technical issues which affiliate could not resolve by executing prompt assessment of the trouble report, and escalating as needed.
• Document events in the HBO ticketing system and assign tickets to other HBO stakeholders as appropriate.
• Based on severity of problem and established criteria, determine and execute escalations to on-call HBO personnel.
• Monitor and document the resolution process and ensure timely responses to internal and affiliate contact(s).
• Perform regular QA and availability checks on all available platforms as needed.
• Provide guidance and assistance to and work with internal departments to ensure adherence to the HBO content Start Up Form process, and process the requests the Hotline receives.
• Achieve working knowledge of HBO’s B2B affiliate website.
• Draft affiliate communications (advisories, technology changes, etc.)
• Participate in QA of IT releases of new and existing Hotline applications.
• Perform quarterly affiliate contact audits for affiliates.
• Possess strong telephone, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be clear and concise at all times.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and prioritize/multitask effectively when necessary.
• Possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Experience in a help desk or technical customer service environment preferred.
• Command MS Windows & MS Office Suite. Crystal Reports and/or Business Objects experience preferred. Proficiency in MS Excel and SharePoint preferred.
• Familiarity with media distribution technologies (satellite, cable, telco, streaming, etc.).
• Experience in the cable or other telecom business a plus.
• Be flexible as part of a shift-based working team, including evenings/night shifts.
Please ONLY apply for this position at: http://bit.ly/M03rDy
|About Our Company
It's Not TV. It's HBO
Americas most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour premium television services HBO and Cinemax to nearly 40 million U.S. subscribers. International joint ventures bring branded services to more than 50 countries around the world, and HBOs programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending and transportation reimbursement accounts, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and cable reimbursement.