Are you someone who loves thinking about what makes certain ads work better than others? Do you want to get beyond traditional advertising, helping to imagine a more innovative, forward-thinking future for it? …Then we want you!
Latitude, a forward-thinking research firm located outside of Boston, is searching for a research analyst who has 3+ years of relevant quantitative media research/consumer insights experience, to help the company design and execute custom studies for media and technology clients, as well as contribute to Latitude’s new product development and business expansion.
The right candidate will possess:
- Some experience and strong interest in advertising/media research
- A strong quantitative background, ideally 3+ years of work experience at an advertising agency, TV network, media planning or media research vendor/firm
- An understanding of advertising metrics and theories (e.g., purchase funnel, brand impact measurements, advertising effectiveness, media planning strategy, etc.)
- A combination of creativity, inquisitiveness, strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically about our clients’ needs
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with a knack for articulating complex ideas in ways that are clear, concise, and easy for a general audience to understand
- A 4-year college degree
This position offers many opportunities for growth and professional development and is ideal for a candidate who is hoping to build his or her resume in a vibrant, cutting-edge company with an impressive client list in communications and technology (Viacom, NBC Universal, AETN, ESPN, Scripps, About.com, BBC, etc.), as well as a growing body of creative, non-client research on future media and technology topics.
Our Analyst’s core areas of responsibility will be:
- Collaboratively developing study designs and working assigned projects across their entire lifecycles—from study proposals and study design through reporting and client presentation
- Analyzing and interpreting research findings about our clients’ advertising campaigns, audiences, subscribers, users, and prospects
- Managing client communications over the course of a project
- Working closely with Latitude’s content team on non-client research as needed (e.g., consulting on study methodology, writing and editing surveys, helping with data cleaning, data management, and reporting, etc.)
- Other project-related tasks as assigned, including conducting background research, coordinating fieldwork, programming surveys, and communicating directly with study participants and clients
If interested, our Analyst will also have the opportunity to:
- Become a key member of Latitude’s Next-Gen Advertising & Branding team
- Help our Innovations Team develop new research approaches using a variety of online technologies and tools
- Increase his or her own personal visibility and develop presentation/media skills by speaking at industry conferences, writing articles/blog posts, and figuring into Latitude’s PR initiatives (e.g., offering quotes to the press, etc.)
- Contribute to Latitude’s business development and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate would also have: