Manager of Media Education
|Publication or Company
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
||Journalism, Non-profit, TV/Cable
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||The Manager of Media Education oversees the curriculum, scheduling, evaluation and the staffing of MNN's core training services at 59th Street and reports to MNN's Managing Director of Access Services. The position includes some evening and weekend work hours. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise media education staff including full and part-time employees; assist in recruitment and selection of full-time, part-time and freelance staff.
• Develop and evaluate curricula and course materials for media-based education program. Update as needed.
• Teach video, TV studio, and multimedia workshops for community producers and community based organizations.
• Facilitate orientation sessions for interested community members.
• Work with marketing staff to increase visibility for MNN education program.
• Oversee enrollment, class rosters and scheduling for media education classes; develop and implement a calendar of programs, workshops and special events.
• Create and administer evaluation tools for training workshops and tracking data to evaluate classes and broaden course offerings.
• Compile resources and created online video tutorials about best media education practices for distribution on MNN's digital platforms.
• Provide professional development media workshops to MNN staff to help them serve as more effective mentors and teachers for community members.
• Answer and respond to phone and email inquiries regarding media education in a timely way.
• Maintain accurate database records and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Master's degree in broadcast, television production, video, communications, journalism, media education or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years teaching film/video production and developing media curricula.
• Demonstrated studio, location production and post-production knowledge and skills.
• At least three years of experience supervising staff.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; experience working with the general public.
• Demonstrated interest in community media education.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Anticipated Employment Starting Date:
|About Our Company
||Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York City's largest community media organization, is seeking a dynamic and experienced media educator to lead, develop and coordinate MNN's core education services at our main 59th Street facility. MNN's media classes serve more than 1,200 students annually and aim to teach Manhattan residents and members of community-based organizations how to make, package and distribute media on multiple platforms.