|Publication or Company
American Public University System (APUS)
||• Reports To: Director, Marketing Communications
• Department: Marketing Administration
• Office Location: Manassas, VA
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: February 13, 2014
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
Are you a talented and professional video producer who is ready to join our dynamic Marketing Team and help us change lives though higher education? If you have a strong vision for creating powerful commercials and memorable online and multimedia videos around a respected brand and leading online University recognized by US News & World Report—we want to meet you today.
The Video Producer is responsible for managing video marketing initiatives that support the American Public University System’s (APUS) long-term growth and brand development. The Video Producer will produce television-ready videos and multimedia Web content to cover a wide range of purposes, including student advertisements and corporate communication videos. The incumbent will manage all logistics for videos for students, alumni, faculty, and staff. The incumbent will identify content needs, work closely as necessary with Creative Team, APUS copywriters, advertising agencies, vendors, and other resources to produce deliverables that are consistent with that vision and align with the University’s brand positioning. Logistics activities will include managing photography, timing, scheduling, location, vendor and talent involvement, and related follow up. Additionally, the incumbent will strategically identify platforms for distribution, including APUS Web properties; sites such as YouTube, Facebook, related career sites; and more. And new to this position, the Video Producer will help to design the in-house video editing and recording studio in late 2014.
• Manages the video needs for commencement and other APUS events, working closely with various departments and external resources.
• Supervises the Video Specialist and provides strategic direction for brand representation in video assets and distribution aimed at increasing student engagement and retention.
• Works with Marketing Team, Military Outreach Team, Academics, Graduations, and other internal resources to identify video content needs.
• Works with APUS copywriters to create script and storyboard concepts to create a concise, compelling message that aligns with the University’s brand positioning.
• Coordinates logistics for photo and video shoots including location, set up, and technical considerations. This may include coordination of necessary location permits.
• Manages pre-production work (script writing/selection, casting, and staging.); production (camera, lighting, audio, stage hand support, and directing); and post-production (editing to finish product release).
• Leads interviews (videos, podcasts, and Webcasts) with students, faculty, and staff in a manner consistent with the University’s reputation.
• Identifies options for leveraging video content in marketing campaigns and support materials throughout the organization (i.e., new hire orientation, campus login page, etc.).
• Identifies ways to archive and share media with APUS in-house and remote staff and faculty by incorporating a new Digital Access Management (DAM) system.
• Manages related partner relationships to ensure timely and professional completion of marketing videos, including coordination of advertisements campaigns with external agencies (advertisement agencies, TV stations/networks, publications, and Web sources).
• Composes quality metadata to gain Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefits for marketing videos.
• Performs video quality control work, including monitoring feedback on quality and needs. Makes proactive recommendations for enhancing content, quality, and distribution.
• Ensures adherence to brand standards and communication guidelines.
• Initiates new relationships with creative vendors such as: voiceover talent, graphic artists, video editors, videographers, and music distributors to complete projects as assigned.
• Constructs budget forecasts and maintains budget requirements.
• Identifies and proactively plans video needs based on program areas, demographics, and other strategic criteria to develop a media platform.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA. Incumbent will have the opportunity to telecommute as projects and meetings allow.
• This position may require up to 25% travel for management of off-site events.
• In-depth understanding and experience with video production and broadcast workflow.
• Working knowledge of all tools and technology related to video production and editing, as well as the ability to stay informed of the latest technologies and how peers are using video effectively.
• Ability to manage complex projects to specific budgets and timelines.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong Internet research skills.
• Solid project management experience, including developing, executing, and tracking video projects.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to work with media outlets to implement media buys and ensure quality delivery.
• Attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to transform creative concepts into finished video assets.
• Knowledge of video formats, compression, and general content management.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University in video or film production, videography, broadcast communications, or related required.
• Minimum 5 years’ work experience in marketing and video production/editing.
• Minimum 7 years’ work experience in program management and
community marketing preferred.
• Familiarity with Web content development tools and software (especially Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Camtasia).
• Experience in producing advertisement, marketing, and training materials.
• Experience managing people and projects.
|About Our Company
||American Public University System, located in Charles Town, WV and Manassas, VA, is a for-profit, higher learning institution, offering online undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs through its institutions, American Military University and American Public University. The University is regionally accredited and serves more than 100,000 adult learners.
The University offers a great working environment and a highly competitive benefits package, including 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and educational benefits!