On-Air Promotions Writer/Producer
|Publication or Company
The Weather Channel
The Writer/Producer is responsible for concept development, writing, production and project management of promotion announcements and campaigns for The Weather Channel brand. This individual must possess strong creative skills, an ability to comprehend and apply brand standards, and communication skills that enable effective interaction with internal partners, team members and external vendors.
5+ years with cable, network, local news, ad agency, design firm, production house or other applicable industry-related experience.
- Conceive, write and produce on-air promotion and brand communication as assigned by the creative director
- Comprehend and execute against creative briefs, including research and creative problem solving.
- Management of assigned projects
- Consistently interact with internal partners in the development, production and approval of products
- Manage, schedule and select resources (photographers, designers, editors, edit suites, etc.)
- Presentation of projects to design leaders and internal partners, utilization of feedback in order to make appropriate revisions
- Research and locate or shoot appropriate video for projects; select and direct talent when necessary
- Work with traffic and broadcast operations to get product on air or distributed to external partners; insure correct promos are running
- Track creative output to keep promos up to date
- Understand and consistently apply TWC brand and creative guidelines
- Understand and consistently apply fundamentals of effective project management and customer service
- In depth understanding of broadcast advertising production principles
- Demonstrates exceptional creative problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Able to handle multiple projects involving cross functional teams in an efficient manner
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of latest editing and graphic design products and platforms
- Ability to write strong, clear and imaginative copy
- Ability to oversee shoot, including scheduling, talent directing and production companies.
- Proven ability to objectively and consistently communicate creative rationale in relation to TWC brand and creative brief
- Proven ability to consistently apply fundamentals of effective project management
- Proven ability to consistently apply fundamentals of effective customer service
- Ability to develop creative and imaginative visual concepts for video/broadcast
- Ability to effectively present concepts and thoughts to others
- Ability to manage multiple projects, involving cross-functional teams, in an efficient manner
- Fundamental and functional communication skills (verbal, written, and listening) to facilitate projects (presentations or creative justification, updates, timelines, budget).
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Non-linear software editing skills is not required but will be considered a plus
Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting, or related field (4 years or equivalent)
|About Our Company
||The Weather Channel is the world's leading cross-platform media company with a portfolio that includes The Weather Channel television network, TWC digital properties (weather.com, mobile and tablet applications) and Weather Services International (WSI). Headquartered in Cobb County since 1982, The Weather Channel brand has connected millions of consumers by providing the most accurate weather forecasts, 24 hours a day. Seen in more than 100 million U.S. households, The Weather Channel network is one of the most widely-distributed cable networks. The Weather Channel online properties reach 60 million unique Web consumers each month. This includes 32 million consumers monthly through weather.com on mobile Web and mobile apps. TWC has the No.1 app on all smartphones and is the second most used app on all smartphones. WSI provides business-to-business weather services to media, aviation, marine and energy sectors.