An average of 35.1 million viewers watched NFL games last weekend, the most ever for an NFL Divisional Weekend, surpassing the previous record set in 1993 (34.2 million). It’s a six percent increase from last season’s 33 million viewers.
Sunday’s New York Jets-New England Patriots game topped the list of four games with 43.5 million viewers, the most-watched Divisional Playoff game ever.
For the first time ever, all four Divisional Playoff games averaged more than 30 million viewers and were the four most-watched shows on television last week.
With the Jets-Steelers and Bears-Packers on tap for this Sunday, you can expect another record-setting weekend for the NFL.
Most-Watched Shows on Television, Week of Jan. 10-16, 2011
Program Average Viewers
1. CBS Sunday Divisional Playoff (Jets-Patriots) 43.5 million
2. CBS Saturday Divisional Playoff (Ravens-Steelers) 34.0 million
3. FOX Sunday Divisional Playoff (Seahawks-Bears) 32.5 million
4. FOX Saturday Divisional Playoff (Packers-Falcons) 30.8 million
5. ESPN BCS Championship (Auburn-Oregon) 27.3 million
- TV Newsers Featured in ESPN Film 'SEC Storied'
- James Brown on Anchoring 'CBS Evening News': 'I Forgot How All-Encompassing It Is'
- Stephen A. Smith Doesn't 'Give a Damn' When He's Criticized
- Isaac Lee Praises Fusion's 'Comprehensive, Truly Distinct' World Cup Coverage