An average of 35.1 million viewers watched NFL games last weekend, the most ever for an NFL Divisional Weekend, surpassing the previous record set in 1993 (34.2 million). It’s a six percent increase from last season’s 33 million viewers.
Sunday’s New York Jets-New England Patriots game topped the list of four games with 43.5 million viewers, the most-watched Divisional Playoff game ever.
For the first time ever, all four Divisional Playoff games averaged more than 30 million viewers and were the four most-watched shows on television last week.
With the Jets-Steelers and Bears-Packers on tap for this Sunday, you can expect another record-setting weekend for the NFL.
Most-Watched Shows on Television, Week of Jan. 10-16, 2011
Program Average Viewers
1. CBS Sunday Divisional Playoff (Jets-Patriots) 43.5 million
2. CBS Saturday Divisional Playoff (Ravens-Steelers) 34.0 million
3. FOX Sunday Divisional Playoff (Seahawks-Bears) 32.5 million
4. FOX Saturday Divisional Playoff (Packers-Falcons) 30.8 million
5. ESPN BCS Championship (Auburn-Oregon) 27.3 million
- James Brown: 'I Challenge the NFL Community and All Men' to Confront Domestic Violence
- With Ray Rice News, James Brown and Scott Pelley Kick-Off Thursday Night Football
- Tim Tebow Joins 'Good Morning America' as Contributor
- Roger Goodell: 'I Don't Know How TMZ or Any Other Website Gets Their Information'