An average of 35.1 million viewers watched NFL games last weekend, the most ever for an NFL Divisional Weekend, surpassing the previous record set in 1993 (34.2 million). It’s a six percent increase from last season’s 33 million viewers.
Sunday’s New York Jets-New England Patriots game topped the list of four games with 43.5 million viewers, the most-watched Divisional Playoff game ever.
For the first time ever, all four Divisional Playoff games averaged more than 30 million viewers and were the four most-watched shows on television last week.
With the Jets-Steelers and Bears-Packers on tap for this Sunday, you can expect another record-setting weekend for the NFL.
Most-Watched Shows on Television, Week of Jan. 10-16, 2011
Program Average Viewers
1. CBS Sunday Divisional Playoff (Jets-Patriots) 43.5 million
2. CBS Saturday Divisional Playoff (Ravens-Steelers) 34.0 million
3. FOX Sunday Divisional Playoff (Seahawks-Bears) 32.5 million
4. FOX Saturday Divisional Playoff (Packers-Falcons) 30.8 million
5. ESPN BCS Championship (Auburn-Oregon) 27.3 million
- Bret Baier Pays Tribute to Former 'Special Report' Intern, Professional Soccer Player
- Here's a Sure Sign of Spring: MLB Network Announces Spring Training Schedule
- Thomas Roberts: If NFL Can Overlook Alleged Murderers, Why Not 'Nice, Clean-Cut Gay Guy'
- CBS Lands NFL Thursday Night Games for 2014 Season