CBS’ 60 Minutes won more awards than any other program last night at the 29th annual News and Documentary Emmys ceremony. The network with the most awards was PBS, which won 10.
CBS won five total awards — CBS Sunday Morning won the other two. ABC won four awards, with two going to World News with Charles Gibson and two going to 20/20.
NBC took home two awards for segments on the Nightly News with Brian Williams. HDNet also won an Emmy.
• Related: The Los Angeles Times’ Matea Gold writes about the ceremony, and quotes Williams about Russert. “Try getting through an election season without Tim,” he said last night. “He is what’s missing from our current campaign debate, our current national conversation.”
- Lester Holt, Robin Sproul, Bill Plante Win RTDNF First Amendment Awards
- CNN, Bloomberg TV Win AIB Awards
- TCU Names College of Communication for CBS's Bob Schieffer
- Andrea Mitchell to Receive National Press Club's Fourth Estate Award