“Many at 60 Minutes believe Exec Producer Jeff Fager is largely responsible for Wallace’s upcoming retirement annoucement, as he has been laying off some of the Sunday show’s staff to make room for his former staff of last year’s cancelled 60 Minutes II – where he also served as Exec Producer,” an anonymous tipster wrote in a message to TVNewser last night.
CBS and Wallace will obviously deny this publicly. Wallace has already told the NYT that “CBS Is not pushing me.”
So now there will be more room for former 60 II correspondent Scott Pelley and the rest of the team. “Don’t be surprised to see Aaron Brown join, along with the newly recruited Katie Couric…imagine that!,” an e-mailer says, adding “now who will replace Rooney?”
- Navy Seal Under Criminal Investigation Following '60 Minutes' Interview
- Sharyl Attkisson: 'I Don’t Trust Them, I Don’t Respect Them, I Can’t Work for Them'
- Morning in Prime: Norah O’Donnell on 'Blue Bloods;’ Al Roker Cut From 'Mysteries'
- Ex-CBS Newser: 'Government-Related Entity' Planted Classified Documents on Computer