How does a top network reporter break through the official White House talking points? ABC’s Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl has been busy trying — and in the process has gotten into it twice over the last month with White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, including just yesterday.
In a MediaBeat interview conducted at ABC’s Washington Bureau, Karl told us about the need to remain skeptical of what the White House is telling you, regardless of who’s in office. He also revealed some interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits from campaign 2012. You might be surprised to know how little Karl saw candidate Mitt Romney—even when flying on the same plane.
- Part II, tomorrow: Does Jonathan Karl find Twitter too distracting for good reporting?
- From George Stephanopoulos' Assistant, to EP of 'This Week'
- Hillary Clinton Acknowledges She'll Have to 'Work on' Media Expectations
- 'Pimped Out' Returns. New Clinton Book Details Old Cable News Firestorm
- Bianna Golodryga Leaving 'GMA' for Yahoo!; Paula Faris Promoted to Co-Anchor