At the close of her acceptance speech she talked about the “qualities of leadership,” calling them the “qualities you have to have to have a fulfilling life.”
1) There has to be something you have to do, most important something you want to do.
2) You have to have someone to love, and to love you, not necessarily a family. Sometimes it’s just friends. I don’t have a big family. I have one child. I would be lost without my friends.
3) You have to have spirituality of some sort. I don’t mean that it has to be religion. It can be ethics. It can be a philosophy.
4) You have to have strength of purpose in mind.
Read on for video of Walters’ speech at today’s event, with the life lessons at the end…
- In Exclusive Interview, Stephen Collins Tells Katie Couric He's Not a Pedophile
- Changes at 'Nightline' as Dan Abrams Exits, Byron Pitts Steps In
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How ABC's Jim Avila Broke the News of the Release of Alan Gross