Fox News’ Bret Baier is on his way back to Washington this morning after moderating last night’s first-in-the-nation GOP primary debate. Fox News had set specific criteria for any candidate wishing to participate, which left the field at five candidates, and only one with a real shot at the nomination: Tim Pawlenty. Still, FoxNews.com gives the win to former PA Sen. Rick Santorum.
- FoxNews.com: Moderator Bret Baier and panelists Chris Wallace, Juan Williams and Shannon Bream got the sometime balky participants to loosen up and start the discussion that will ultimately end on Election Day 2012.
- USA Today: Baier asked participants who supported the release of the photo of bin Laden’s body — all but [Herman] Cain raised their hands.
- HuffingtonPost: Fox News host Brett Baier brought up the issue in one of the first questions of the night, asking former senator Rick Santorum about his claim that President Obama has made America less safe.
Before the debate got underway Baier took viewers behind the scenes:
- White House Happy with Results of Pres. Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance
- Mike Huckabee: 'A Big Issue' Giving Up Fox, Other Income Streams for Presidential Run
- TV News Bookers Love Senator John McCain
- Why Bill O'Reilly Wants Michelle Obama on His Show