CBS News anchor Bob Schieffer, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and “60 Minutes” correspondent Morley Safer play themselves in the new movie “Morning Glory” about a young TV news producer played by Rachel McAdams and the morning show she oversees. These three tvnewsers have a scene at a bar with the anchor of the show played by Harrison Ford. The added punchline: Schieffer, Matthews and Safer don’t drink.
- Spoiler alert: After the jump, another real-life tvnewser who is featured in the film.
In the movie an aging Harrison Ford is replaced on the evening news by a younger, more authoritative anchor.
Former CNNer Miles O’Brien.
- NABJ President Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Black People Happen to Be Reporters'
- Former ‘Friends’ on Sony Email Scandal
- In 2014, Canadian Media Ran 229% More Weather Stories Than Other Countries
- Australian 'Today' Anchor's Same-Suit Stunt Boosts Ratings