“Anyone who can please join us at 9:30am tomorrow (tues) to spend a few minutes honoring Brit on his last day anchoring. We’ll gather in the newsroom,” says the memo.
Hume announced in July he was stepping down as anchor of the 6pmET program. No replacement has been named. Hume’s new contract with FNC, which begins January 1, calls for a 100-day-a-year work schedule during which he will anchor major news events, appear on Fox News Sunday and turn up on his old show, on occasion.
• Earlier on TVNewser: Brit Hume Reflective As He Approaches His Fox News Exit…
- Stephen Colbert Skewers Hannity's Adrian Peterson Defense, Whips Out His Belt
- Ailes Apprentice Program to Kick Off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Shepard Smith Bets 'Every Penny I Will Ever Make at this Network'
- Bill Ayers: Megyn Kelly 'Is Like a Cyborg Constructed in the Basement of Fox News'