Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) will sit down with Tom Brokaw as he concludes his overseas tour in London for a “Meet the Press” exclusive interview to air on Sunday, July 27 for the full hour. Senator Obama’s last appearance on the program was on May 4, 2008 when the show originated from Indianapolis, Ind., before the Indiana and North Carolina primaries.
So, again, if you’re keeping score at home:
• Sunday — Afghanistan, Lara Logan, CBS
• Monday — Iraq, Terry Moran, ABC
• Tuesday — Jordan, Katie Couric, CBS
• Wednesday — Israel, Charlie Gibson, ABC
• Thursday — Germany, Brian Williams, NBC
• Sunday — London, Tom Brokaw, NBC
So, TVNewsers, get those requests in. Obama’s got Friday and Saturday open.
> Update @ NoonET, July 22: FNC’s Bill Hemmer gets the Saturday slot. He’ll interview Obama in London on Saturday.
- President Obama’s Year-End News Conference Features 'Naughty or Nice' List
- Greta the Diplomat
- 'Oh, God, It's Mom': Political Strategist Brothers Scolded by Mom on C-SPAN
- Barack Obama Becomes Stephen Colbert Being Bill O'Reilly: 'How Hard Can This Be?'