Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) will sit down with Tom Brokaw as he concludes his overseas tour in London for a “Meet the Press” exclusive interview to air on Sunday, July 27 for the full hour. Senator Obama’s last appearance on the program was on May 4, 2008 when the show originated from Indianapolis, Ind., before the Indiana and North Carolina primaries.
So, again, if you’re keeping score at home:
• Sunday — Afghanistan, Lara Logan, CBS
• Monday — Iraq, Terry Moran, ABC
• Tuesday — Jordan, Katie Couric, CBS
• Wednesday — Israel, Charlie Gibson, ABC
• Thursday — Germany, Brian Williams, NBC
• Sunday — London, Tom Brokaw, NBC
So, TVNewsers, get those requests in. Obama’s got Friday and Saturday open.
> Update @ NoonET, July 22: FNC’s Bill Hemmer gets the Saturday slot. He’ll interview Obama in London on Saturday.
- Larry King Probably Won't Be Moderating Any Presidential Debates in 2016
- Pres. Obama: 'Police Should Not be Bullying or Arresting Journalists'
- 40 Years After President Nixon Resigned, Carl Bernstein Would 'Do It Exactly the Same'
- Pres. Obama Holds News Conference From U.S./Africa Leaders Summit