Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) will sit down with Tom Brokaw as he concludes his overseas tour in London for a “Meet the Press” exclusive interview to air on Sunday, July 27 for the full hour. Senator Obama’s last appearance on the program was on May 4, 2008 when the show originated from Indianapolis, Ind., before the Indiana and North Carolina primaries.
So, again, if you’re keeping score at home:
• Sunday — Afghanistan, Lara Logan, CBS
• Monday — Iraq, Terry Moran, ABC
• Tuesday — Jordan, Katie Couric, CBS
• Wednesday — Israel, Charlie Gibson, ABC
• Thursday — Germany, Brian Williams, NBC
• Sunday — London, Tom Brokaw, NBC
So, TVNewsers, get those requests in. Obama’s got Friday and Saturday open.
> Update @ NoonET, July 22: FNC’s Bill Hemmer gets the Saturday slot. He’ll interview Obama in London on Saturday.
- Glenn Beck: Hillary Clinton Will 'Pay the Price' for Pres. Obama's Treatment of Press
- Jay Carney Reflects on Fireworks With Reporters
- CNN Correspondent Questions Josh Earnest About White House Gender Pay Gap
- Which Anchor Watched the World Cup Game With the President on Air Force One?