Shortly before 12:30pmET, the cable networks went live to the White House Rose Garden, where President Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron delivered a joint press conference.
After both Obama and Cameron gave opening statements, they opened it up to questions:
- Ari Shapiro, NPR — Afghanistan
- Joey Jones, Sky News — Afghanistan
- Alister Bull, Reuters — Iran (“Can I just point out that somehow Alister gets to ask a question on behalf of the U.S. press corps?” Obama asked, noting Bull’s British accent. “What’s going on with that, Jay [Carney]?”
- Tom Bradby, ITV News — Syria
- Eric Bolling, Anthony Weiner Spar on Twitter over Weiner's Fox Comments
- A Strange Day for the White House Press, and the Secret Service
- Scarborough Wonders if MSNBC Will Cover a Christie Exoneration As Much as Charges
- How Does the Obama Administration Block Information to the Press?