The summer was steadily moving along, without any major Paris Hilton storylines, when suddenly, at 6pmET yesterday, it all changed.
In the past 24 hours, the, uh, celebrity has become a top story on the cablers, as her mock campaign ad has generated nearly four million views on FunnyorDie.com alone. She’s been mentioned 63 times on MSNBC, 46 on CNN and 41 on FNC in the last 24 hours, according to TVEyes. Let’s see some of the ways she’s been slipped into the news conversation:
• MSNBC’s Willie Geist, joking, on Morning Joe’s “What Have We Learned Today?”: “I was reminded that Paris Hilton is one of our great Americans who stood up in the face of John McCain and changed American politics forever.”
• FNC’s Neil Cavuto spent a segment on “Your World” discussing the energy crisis. Check out the chyron:
- NABJ President Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Black People Happen to Be Reporters'
- Former ‘Friends’ on Sony Email Scandal
- In 2014, Canadian Media Ran 229% More Weather Stories Than Other Countries
- Australian 'Today' Anchor's Same-Suit Stunt Boosts Ratings