CBS News is heading to South Florida next week ahead of Super Bowl XLIV, for which the network has the broadcast this year. “CBS Evening News,” “The Early Show,” and “Face the Nation” will all be broadcasting live from South Beach and from
Joe Robbie Pro Player Dolphin Land Shark Sun Life Stadium.
Maggie Rodriguez returns home to Miami as “The Early Show” will broadcast from Lummus Park in South Beach Thursday and Friday morning. Justin Bieber and Gloria Estefan will perform. Over the weekend, Wynonna Judd and Wyclef Jean will perform on the show’s Saturday edition.
Bob Schieffer will anchor “Face the Nation” on Sunday from Sun Life and will have NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as a guest.
Update: Couric’s trip has been canceled.
Press release after the jump.
CBS NEWS ANNOUNCES BROADCAST PLANS LEADING UP TO
SUPER BOWL XLIV
“CBS EVENING NEWS,” “THE EARLY SHOW” and “FACE THE NATION” will Broadcast Live from Miami, Florida
CBS News announced today its broadcast plans leading up to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami, Florida. CBS EVENING NEWS, THE EARLY SHOW and FACE THE NATION will broadcast live from Miami.
The CBS Television Network is the home of Super Bowl XLIV, which will be broadcast on Sunday, Feb. 7 (6:30-10:00 ET).
Thursday, Feb. 4 and Friday, Feb. 5
- THE EARLY SHOW, (7:00-9:00 AM, ET) anchored by Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez with News Reader Erica Hill and Weather Anchor Dave Price, will broadcast from Lummus Park in South Beach. On Thursday, THE EARLY SHOW will feature a live concert by pop music icon Gloria Estefan. In addition, Rodriguez, a Miami native, will show viewers her favorite Little Havana hot spots and local Chef Douglas Rodriguez will prepare a Latin food extravaganza on the beach. On Friday, THE EARLY SHOW will feature a live concert by pop and R&B superstar Justin Bieber, in addition to a preview of Super Bowl XLIV with NFL legends and EARLY SHOW Contributor Katie Lee’s beachside tailgate party, featuring foods from Indianapolis and New Orleans.
- CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC (6:30-7:00 PM, ET), anchored by Couric, will broadcast from Lummus Park in South Beach.
Saturday, Feb. 6
- THE EARLY SHOW, Saturday edition (check local listings), anchored by Chris Wragge and Erica Hill with Weather anchor Lonnie Quinn, will broadcast from Lummus Park in South Beach. Football legend Dan Marino will take Hill on a tour of his Miami. THE EARLY SHOW, Saturday edition will also feature a special live performance by music stars Wynonna Judd and Wyclef Jean. The legendary country soul diva and Haitian-born rapper and humanitarian will perform together for the first time. In addition, Jean, who is extremely active in support of his native country, will discuss the recent earthquake in Haiti and the nation’s recovery efforts.
- CBS EVENING NEWS WITH JEFF GLOR (6:30-7:00 PM, ET), anchored by Glor, will broadcast from the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida.
Sunday, Feb. 7
- FACE THE NATION WITH BOB SCHIEFFER (10:30-11:00 AM, ET), anchored by Schieffer, will broadcast from the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. Guests will include NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell; Jim Nantz, Lead Play-by-Play Announcer, THE NFL ON CBS; Phil Simms, Lead Analyst, THE NFL ON CBS; and Shannon Sharpe, Analyst, THE NFL TODAY.
- Navy Seal Under Criminal Investigation Following '60 Minutes' Interview
- Sharyl Attkisson: 'I Don’t Trust Them, I Don’t Respect Them, I Can’t Work for Them'
- Morning in Prime: Norah O’Donnell on 'Blue Bloods;’ Al Roker Cut From 'Mysteries'
- Ex-CBS Newser: 'Government-Related Entity' Planted Classified Documents on Computer