In the spirit of the “immensely successful” (according to the press release) ‘CNN Diner’ at the 2004 Republican Convention in New York City, a ‘CNN Grill’ will be opening at each convention site this year.
In Denver, the Grill will be at Brooklyn’s next to the Pepsi Center (pictured), and in St. Paul, at the Eagle Street Grille next to the Xcel Energy Center.
The Grills will be locations for live broadcasts and guest hits on-air and online. But they’ll also be actual Grills — Danny Meyer and the Union Square Hospitality Group developed the menu, and a special CNN brew was created by the Breckenridge Brewery.
We’ll be heading to the CNN Grill on Tuesday morning next week for a CNN breakfast (what do they serve for breakfast at a Grill?).
• Related: The CNN Election Express arrived in Denver yesterday, and Bill Schneider appears to already have his convention hat on. Click continued to check it out…
- As Time Warner Ends Vice Talks, A&E Plans $250M Stake in Media Company
- Reporter Departs CNN with Pencils, Pads, First Aid Kit and One Regret: 'There Are Far Too Few Redheads on CNN'
- Attorney Wants Retraction of CNN Story
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'