Half way through the month of April, CNN is in fourth place among the four cable news channels in prime time (8-11pmET) in the A25-54 demo. Sister network HLN is in third place thanks to a strong prime time performance led by Nancy Grace. Campbell Brown‘s maternity leave fill-in Roland Martin has not performed well at 8pm. One night last week, Martin drew just 150K A25-54 demo viewers. Five times as many watched The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News.
A weak 8pm show isn’t helping CNN’s Larry King Live at 9pmET. In the first 10 weekdays of the month, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow has beaten King six times.
First place Fox News has more demo viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined. The Nielsen April ratings month ends April 26.
• March 30 – April 10 prime time average in A25-54 viewers:
Fox News: 631,000
Looking at the economy, CNN, in the fourth quarter, will go multiplatform with a year-long feature, entitled “The Turnaround,” following entrepreneurs as they revamp their small businesses to achieve success. On HLN, “Money Coach” will empower viewers to make smart decision, answering emails and video mails on how people can take control of their spending and saving habits.
Elsewhere, CNN will air documentaries under the Latino in America banner, examining the challenges surrounding language, education, health care, politics, religion, citizenship and identity for Hispanics.
On the political side, CNN will issue “National Report Cards” at the conclusion of the first, second and third 100 day milestones for President Obama
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'
- Was Alleged Audio of Michael Brown Shooting on CNN a Hoax?
- Turner Offers Buyouts to Hundreds of Employees; Will Also Seek 'Additional Reductions in Staffing'
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy