On June 1, 1980, “Cable News Network,” the world’s first 24-hour television news network, made its debut. Check out CNN’s first ever broadcast (via How Stuff Works):
• Find out more at History Channel’s “This Day in History” (interestingly, presented by CBS’ Russ Mitchell.)
- Don Lemon Hip Hop Artist Interview Devolves Into Media Debate, Claims of Anchor Disrespect
- Protestor Interrupts Anderson Cooper's Interview with Trayvon Martin's Mother
- CNN Removes iReport Saying Missouri Patrol Captain is Gang Member
- Are TV News Anchors Blurring the Line Between Reporting and Opinion in Ferguson?