CBS’ Katie Couric anchored a live nightly webcast at both the DNC and RNC, and the setting allowed for some looser interviews and segments. CBSNews.com put together a “best of” video of the two weeks, including Couric’s friendly but testy interview with Caroline Kennedy, calling Dan Bartlett a “hunk of burning love,” reporting on convention floor injuries and more:
• And on a separate CBS-video-related note, this morning The Early Show’s Maggie Rodriguez interviewed singer Bryan Adams, and when she asked if the song “Summer of ’69″ was autobiographical, she didn’t exactly get the answer she expected. Click continued for a moment of sexual innuendo awkwardness…
- Holly Williams: Being a Woman in a War Zone 'Can Sometimes Be an Advantage'
- CBS Eyes October Launch of Digital Channel
- Longtime CBS News Political Editor Dotty Lynch Dies
- The Story Behind the Ice Bucket Challenge