First it was Cynthia McFadden, then Martin Bashir, now TVNewser has learned the third member of the Nightline troika, Terry Moran, injured himself badly enough that it kept him off the air last night.
Moran sprained his ankle last night and Bashir – who was celebrating his wedding anniversary – rushed in to anchor the show (which included a fascinating story from Jeffrey Kofman from La Gloria, Mexico, the presumed ground zero of the swine flu.)
It was April of last year that McFadden, returning from covering a primary debate in Philadelphia, fell down some stairs at New York’s Penn Station. So Bashir was called in to anchor, but around 8:30 that night, as he stood up from the anchor desk, he cut his head. He was rushed to the ER to get stitches and Moran came in to anchor.
Paging Ted Koppel.
• Earlier: Nightline’s Rough Night…
- Bianna Golodryga Leaving 'GMA' for Yahoo!; Paula Faris Promoted to Co-Anchor
- Rob Marciano's 'Passion for Weather' Leads to ABC News
- Rob Marciano Leaving 'Entertainment Tonight' for ABC News
- Amy Robach on Interviewing Malala, Parents of Kidnapped Girls: 'Not a Dry Eye in the Room'