• “This Week” moderator George Stephanopoulos tells TVNewser, “David’s a terrific broadcaster and tough competitor. Welcome to the Sunday morning fray!” Stephanopoulos also blogs the “Ten Things David Gregory Needs to Know.” #4 is “Never let Chuck Todd drive you to work.” We’re told Stephanopoulos also sent a dozen bagels to the Gregory home for his final Sunday breakfast at home for a while.
• Bob Schieffer, host of CBS’ Face the Nation says, “David will be a formidable competitor. He is a fine reporter who knows the right questions to ask. I also think NBC was fortunate to have Tom Brokaw fill in during the months after Tim’s death. It would have been difficult for anyone to replace Tim immediately and I think it was good that Tom was there to put some space between Tim and David or whoever would have replaced him. I wish David the best.”
• Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace, who moderated Meet the Press in 1987-’88 tells TVNewser, “I think David is a good guy, and a first rate broadcaster. I welcome him to the Sunday morning shift, and I wish him all the best.”
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- NBC News Producer's Sons Were Inside Peshawar School During Attack
- Everyone is a Newser with NBC News' Stringwire App
- Brian Williams Signs New Deal with NBC