• The Los Angeles Times’ James Rainey labels Ifill a “true journalist” in his story’s headline. “Gwen Ifill of PBS demonstrated abundant dignity as referee of the much-anticipated debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden,” he writes. Rainey brought up the issue with her upcoming book, and wrote, “Regardless of her personal feelings, she knows how to moderate a serious political discussion.”
• Brian Wingfield of Forbes had a problem with the format, but also Ifill’s moderation. “Gwen Ifill asked no follow up when the candidates dodged the first question about the bailout,” writes Wingfield. He then gives an example: “And what did Ifill say after the question about same-sex marriage? ‘Let’s move on to foreign policy.’”
• FreePress.Net, which identifies itself as a “national, nonpartisan organization working to reform the media,” had thousands of Obama and McCain supporters rate Ifill’s debate performance. “Overall, her performance was praised,” writes Megan Tady.
- White House Happy with Results of Pres. Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance
- Mike Huckabee: 'A Big Issue' Giving Up Fox, Other Income Streams for Presidential Run
- TV News Bookers Love Senator John McCain
- Why Bill O'Reilly Wants Michelle Obama on His Show