• The Los Angeles Times’ James Rainey labels Ifill a “true journalist” in his story’s headline. “Gwen Ifill of PBS demonstrated abundant dignity as referee of the much-anticipated debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden,” he writes. Rainey brought up the issue with her upcoming book, and wrote, “Regardless of her personal feelings, she knows how to moderate a serious political discussion.”
• Brian Wingfield of Forbes had a problem with the format, but also Ifill’s moderation. “Gwen Ifill asked no follow up when the candidates dodged the first question about the bailout,” writes Wingfield. He then gives an example: “And what did Ifill say after the question about same-sex marriage? ‘Let’s move on to foreign policy.’”
• FreePress.Net, which identifies itself as a “national, nonpartisan organization working to reform the media,” had thousands of Obama and McCain supporters rate Ifill’s debate performance. “Overall, her performance was praised,” writes Megan Tady.
- Charlie Rose To Interview President Obama On PBS, Snowden's Father Talks To Fox News
- Bill O'Reilly Sets Sight On Chris Matthews
- Sarah Palin Rejoins Fox News
- Edward Snowden Watches Wolf Blitzer Discuss the NSA Leaker